Pages

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Baby Gardner Update


So this picture is from our last appointment, but I figured since I'm finally done with my first trimester, and we've announced it to family & friends I should update my blog. It was so crazy to see the baby jumping around all over the place, arching (his or her) back and waving it's little arms and legs like crazy. I still can't believe there's an actual little baby inside of me!

We had another appointment today. The heart beat was really strong and she found it the second she touched my tummy with the wand. I was so scared that it was going to be hard to find, and I was going to get all worried, but it was just beautiful and reassuring. I love listening to the little thumping and thinking, wow, this kid is real! I'm not just sick for the fun of it! We made our appointment to find out the gender next month, which made me WAY excited. I'm not nearly as sick anymore, which has been such a blessing, not having to run to the bathroom all day anymore. I'm still nauseous, and tired, and light headed, but Jason has been a huge help with things like laundry and cleaning which has made things SO much easier!

9 comments:

Jodie said...

Hooray! I am so happy to see this Baby Gardner update. :) Congratulations to both of you! I'm glad you are starting to feel a little better.

M&L said...

I am so excited! Gianna was the same way when I first saw her a 10 weeks, moving around like crazy! It must be in the blood ;)I am glad you are done with the first trimester, it is the worst...you feel sick, and tired and no one cares because they can't tell that there is a baby inside of you. I was happy when I finally started looking pregnant opposed to having eaten too much lunch! Keep the pics coming!

*Katie May* said...

Congrats! Sorry your sick with it no fun.

Mark & Nicole Oaks said...

I had no idea you were pregnant. That is sooooooooooooo exciting! Congrats!

Sopha said...

Awe Im glad to hear you have been feeling better-thats always great news!

Collin and Hannah said...

Congrats Emily! I'm so excited for you guys! It gets MUCH better after the first trimester. After that feeling tired is about as bad as it gets.

Petersens said...

yay! Ultrasounds are the greatest! Super glad you are feeling better too! Are you starting to show yet? Definetly keep the pictures coming!

Belle said...

Yay! (I can't wait to hear if it's a boy or a girl!) We love you guys. :)

Reeds said...

I am so excited for you Emily! You will be a fantastic Mommy! It sure does feel way more real when you can hear the heartbeat and see the baby. I am glad you haven't been sick just for fun ;)