Pages

Friday, May 15, 2009

Yellowstone Trip

Mom and Dad came up for the weekend a few weeks ago and we decided to take an overnight trip to Yellowstone while they were here. It's only 2 hours to the West Entrance, so we just drove over Friday night, saw Old Faithful, then drove around all day Saturday. It was absolutely beautiful! I never understood why dad always wanted to go when we were younger, but It's SO amazing! Jason and I had a blast and really enjoyed a break from school while getting to spend time with Mom and Dad. We were a little ahead of the season, as you might notice from the snow, but I loved it cause it wasn't too crowded. Anyways here's some of my favorite pictures...

Old Faithful-it was pretty cool how much water shot out of that thing!
It was so strange that these things just pop out of the ground! There were hundreds of them!!!
The geysers were so amazing! The colors were incredible, and we saw quite a few spouting water out. They smelled pretty intensly like sulfer (i think mom liked it)...but it was so fun, and the steam coming from the was so warm in the freezing cold, i really wanted to just sit in one of them!

The falls were SO amazing! Mom and Dad were absolutely adorable at them! Jason and I were pretty out of it, so I look a little, well, "out of it" in them...but I posted a few anyways. (:


The whole park was amazing, but my favorite park was definitely the buffalo and elk! They were hilarious!!! The buffalo were worse than dogs! They couldn't be less afraid of people, or their cars! They were usually just walking along the side of the road, but I think they got quite a kick out of gathering in the center of the roads and causing pretty good road blocks. A few brave souls (including dad) attempted to herd them out of the way with their vehicles, most people just sat there forever hoping the buffalo would eventually move and let them pass. (due to the tendancy of buffalo to charge people and their cars if provoked) (: It was a rental car though, so dad wasn't too worried.




So that was our yellowstone experience in a nutshell. Definitely our most amazing weekend in Idaho!!! Thanks mom and dad!!!

3 comments:

Sopha said...

Lovely. Its nice to see pics of the trip after hearing about it.

*Katie May* said...

Wow it's so beautiful up there! How fun for you guys!

Petersens said...

It's goregous there! I had No clue it was that close to you! Having visitors is fun right? So do you know if it's a boy or girl yet? Can't wait to hear! Are you feeling ok?