So no, we didn't go on a cruise, or a vacation, or even out to dinner...but I couldn't have asked for a more perfect day. It's been such a crazy year with so many unexpected blessings. This was a perfect way to end such an amazing year: Spending a quiet day at home with my loving husband and precious baby boy.
The next day we celebrated Jason's 23rd Birthday. I'd been so excited about getting to make him a real cake since last year his birthday got a little forgotten in the craziness of the wedding/reception. I didn't quite have the energy to make it exactly how i'd planned but it turned out close enough. I wanted to do a beach theme since that's one of his favorite things. Cheesecake is also one of his favorite things, but since you can't decorate a cheesecake all that well, I decided to do a cream cheese frosting a filling between layers. It was absolutely delicious! Thank you cooks.com for the recipe! (: Oh and I discovered this wonderful place in Idaho Falls called WINCO where you can get all sorts of fun treats by the ounce, so I picked out different ocean themed gummies to decorate the cake with. I wanted to put a palm tree on it, so I actually used a chocolate salt water taffy and 3 alligator gummies that somewhat resembled palm tree fronds. It was quite a bit of fun to put together!
(Jason put one of the gummy bears in the ocean cause he thought the shark looked hungry :(
3 comments:
What a cute cake! Good Job! Beautiful necklace, very sweet of him :)
Justin is so adorable. He has great expressions for such a young guy. That cake is awesome! Can't wait to see you all next!
Happy Anniversary! The cake is so cute, I love it.
Post a Comment