Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The Carousel Ride

Can I say how much I LOVE going to the park in the summer time? The only problem is I'm not sure when/if summer will actually get here...
Yesterday, the temperature got clear up to 72 degrees and it was actually sunny out, so Jason and I decided we'd meet at the park when Justin woke up from his nap. (Jason has an hour break then). As soon as the little guy woke up, I stuck his socks and shoes on and we were out the door. During the two minute ride to the park it was so nice and warm and possibly even hot and Justin was SO excited to play at the park...but alas, we do live in Rexburg, and I should have known that the moment we got to the park a nice rain storm would appear out of nowhere.
I hadn't brought jackets and it was FREEZING so Jason decided we should splurge (a whole dollar!) and let Justin ride on the cute little carousel there since it's mostly inside. I volunteered to take pictures so Jason found a cute little horse for Justin to ride on and waited for the ride to start...
(don't let that supposed sunshine in the background fool you, it was freezing and started pouring about 5 minutes later)

Justin wasn't completely sure about what was going on...
and the moment the carousel began moving and the music started...he lost it. He turned bright red and burst into tears. I hate to admit it, but it was one of the cutest things I've ever seen. Justin is SUCH a daddy's boy, but when he saw me standing there with my feet firmly planted on the ground all he could do was cry and reach his chubby little hands out hoping to be rescued from this apparently terrifying ride.
...I guess Disneyland is currently out of the question...

2 comments:

Petersens said...

ha ha. Sweet boy. Taylor didn't like her first carousel ride either (a while back).. but she loved it the second time which was a couple days ago! Especially after she saw Dallas and Riley ride it first :) Sorry it's still cold there! How are you feeling?

Sara said...

Somehow I missed this post (though I heard the story). My favorite part is Jason's smile in the last picture...