I'm officially 4cm and 80% and have been having irregular contractions and back pain all day long (could just be due to them stripping my membranes though) but nothing that feels like ACTUAL labor. I had Justin 6 days early, which would have been this past wednesday, but I have no idea when THIS kid will decide to join us, so now it's kind of just a waiting game. (That's not completely true I guess, if he's not here by Tuesday-my due date I'm sending an evacuation order-I'm scheduled for an induction that morning since my mom will be here for the week. YAY! But I really hope he comes on his own before that).
When I went to my appt this morning and found out I'd already progressed to 4cm, I thought for sure this kid would be on his way (with the extra nudge of stripping my membranes).
I was SO ready to have a baby this morning:
-finally got a beautiful nights sleep
-sparkling clean house,
-to-do list FINALLY completed,
-and it's the weekend so we have neighbors that can babysit and
-a husband without classes or tests.
...NOW:
-Justin's already trashed the house again,
-I'm EXHAUSTED
-and I've since discovered MORE things that should be on my to do list.
I've concluded that babies do NOT come when you are ready for them, they come when they are ready for you. Apparently this kid 's already gotten a glimpse of what he's getting himself into and is a little hesitant to evacuate his nice warm home. And honestly, I can't blame him.
With all that said, and more importantly I would like to wish an
INCREDIBLY Happy First Birthday
to my sweet little 1-year-old nieces:
Little Miss Kathryn Emily Kerrigan (today)
&
Little Miss Kinzi May Weech (tomorrow)
They are the sweetest little girls and I seriously can't believe they're already ONE! Time sure does fly!!!
(especially when you live in a different state)
We wish we could be there for all the fun
(and I wish even more that I would have actually gotten their cards made and in the mail-super slacker aunt, I know) but we want them to know how much we love them and are excited for all the birthdays in the future that we WILL get to be around for!
Love you little girls!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment